Friday, December 30, 2016

Writing Prompt: The Worst Thanksgiving Dish You Ever Had

The worst Thanksgiving dish I ever had was the dish I totally deserved but never received. I stayed in L. A. for the holiday. Idyllic, sure to be in Tinseltown but I was actually quite aloof as my pal Ray J and I had only cruising the Santa Monica streets to enjoy. My punk-rock friend Kellen was eager for us* to join him at The Laugh Factory to watch a free show. Regrettably, I told Kellen to cancel in favor of the last "Hunger Games" movie**. His infuriated dish has yet to be served.

* I'm probably leaving major plot points of this true story out but hopefully, you get how damn sorry I am about this, Kellen. I do miss being your friend, as wild as our friendship was. Hope you're well and not reading this after all.

** Only reason I really watched it at the time was because I was nit-picky about filling my car up with any more gas that wasn't Ray's farts for high-prices and also Ray worked at the Arclight near the Promenade so we got in for free. I love free. I hate "Hunger Games."

No comments:

Post a Comment